Monday, January 26, 2009

shredder.

For those of you who have ever watched Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, this is who I felt like this morning:

No, seriously. I saw this DIY tutorial on how to recreate the Alexander Wang shredded shorts on the lovely Shini's blog a couple days ago, and seeing as I have no money to my name at the moment to buy a pair of shorts, I've been trying to decide which pair of jeans to try it out on. Last night I finally decided on a pair of old blackish/greyish levis, and this morning I woke up so anxious to start. Like really anxious. As in, I didnt even check my facebook before getting out of bed and going to the kitchen for a box cutter to begin this.

I cut my hands up a bit in the process, (and my bed sheet. yes, I did this on a peice of cardboard on my bed.) I didnt use chains, partly because I have no chains (or eyelets for that matter), and partly because I didnt think they needed chains. I like how they turned out, now I've just got to come up with outfits.


all done...

1 comment:

Annabel Wendt (LoveMore) said...

oh girl these look HOT! :) wish i had seen that tutorial before all my shredding rage!

you did a great job and they look fabulous on you :)

xx LM